• zInternationalStudents Blog

  • Saturday, January 19, 2019

Exchange Student Insurance is viable for any student participating in an exchange program through their school, university, or college. An exchange program was initially designed in a way that a student attending school in one country would be exchanged with a student from another foreign country. Though now a trade off is not essential anymore

Student exchange programs can be a very enriching, cultural experience. Exchange programs in the United States are made available to students in high school and are offered throughout their college. Many schools and universities around the world now offer international credit for certain courses.

Students participating in the exchange program are required to have a J1 visa (non-immigrant visa). It is mandated by the US Government that every J1 visa holder and their J2 dependents need to have proof of health insurance.

Exchange student visa requirements specify that a health insurance policy should cover at least $50,000 in medical costs and benefits per accident or illness, take care of any unaccepted circumstances that may arise due to participation in the exchange program, and offer other benefits such as coverage up to least $7,500 for repatriation. Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

International Student Insurance (requires student status)
Visitor Insurance (does not require student status)