Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Filing health insurance claims - Part 8Filed Under: Health Insurance
What seemed like a simple procedure all these days, might suddenly seem very difficult to manage yourself. Given the busy schedule that international students face in universities, it is better to know the procedure beforehand to save a lot of time, and avoid the possibilities of errors. Here are a few steps that need to be followed to file your health insurance claim yourself:
- Get an itemized bill for every service received at the health care center.
- Get the claims form. In most cases it can be easily collected from the insurer's office, or sometimes downloaded from their website (and printed out).
- Fill out the claims form with details like doctor's name and address, reason of seeking health care (flu, accident), etc.
- Attach all the bills in original.
- Make a photocopy of each and every document you are submitting. It will be much easier to follow up if some clarifications are sought.
- Call the insurer's office. Review with them if the documents you are sending are adequate.
- Send the documents to the insurer's address, and wait for the payment to be settled.
That's it. It is actually that simple to file your health insurance claim yourself.
Also, this post wraps up our filing health insurance claims series Commenting is not available in this channel entry.