• zInternationalStudents Blog

  • Saturday, January 19, 2019

  • International Student Health Insurance: A Must Have When Studying Abroad

    Filed Under: Health Insurance

When you are studying abroad, international student health insurance is imperative. Anything can happen, no matter where you are. Sometimes, the health insurance you hold in your home country entitles you to benefit from certain free medical services in the country where you will be studying. Depending on your country of origin and on the duration of your studies, you may or may not be eligible for free subsidized medical care. If you are not eligible, then you must have health insurance for international students.

No one wants to imagine the worst that could happen when such happy times are waiting ahead of them. Studying abroad may sound great, but to actually have a good experience, students must take into account insurance problems and possible accidents. Why not take the necessary steps to ensure your piece of mind and your health? It is a simple procedure, both accessible and affordable.

Various insurance companies offer complete packages specially designed to meet the requirements and expectations of international students. As you are in a foreign country, you have probably already surpassed the language barrier, but that doesn’t mean that you are familiar with everything else. Health insurance packages for international students may cover medical costs, liability, accidents, household contents and luggage, and legal assistance.

As you can see, there are things that you simply can’t disregard when it comes to international student health insurance. In fact, life is full of surprises and although studying abroad may be one of the nice surprises, accidents are definitely not in that category. So, why not be smart and get covered by good international student health insurance?

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

International Student Insurance (requires student status)
Visitor Insurance (does not require student status)