• zInternationalStudents Blog

  • Saturday, February 16, 2019

  • Personal Property Covered By Study Abroad Insurance

    Filed Under: Health Insurance

When students decide to study abroad, they normally consider international student insurance but, what they forget is personal property insurance as a form of study abroad insurance. Although, in most cases, students think of insurance in terms of health or medical coverage, the fact is that belongings are just as much exposed to risks as people are. Therefore, a form of insurance that will protect them against loss or damage of personal belongings would suit most foreign students.

As students study and live in another country, they take with them their laptop computers, for example. Many times, they come with numerous other belongings to remind them of home. All of these things are important and valuable for students, but that does not make them less exposed to risk factors. A computer can be stolen or damaged and so can other things. For such unfortunate situations, it is best to purchase a study abroad insurance policy to cover the loss of personal belongings. It is a small cost compared to how much you stand to lose if anything should happen.

Student insurance, personal loss insurance, renter’s insurance, insurance for students

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

International Student Insurance (requires student status)
Visitor Insurance (does not require student status)