• zInternationalStudents Blog

  • Thursday, February 21, 2019

Money is often tight for students and teachers on a budget. Do yourself a financial favor and save money on transportation, accommodation and activities with a handy student discount card.

The International Student Identity Card (ISIC) is for students over the age of 12, enrolled in an accredited institution for a degree or diploma. The International Teacher Identity Card (ITIC) is for full-time teachers and the GO 25 International Youth Travel Card is for travelers between the ages of 12 and 25.

Cards like these give discounts on airfares with major airlines, and money off essentials like transportation, accommodation and international phone calls as well as the fun stuff like museum admissions and activities. Always ask if there’s a discount for student card holders. The cards are available with valid proof of your student or teacher status from the STA Travel National Service Centre.

Another money-saving essential is foreign student health insurance. This useful purchase will save money in the long-run should you be unlucky enough to be in an accident or fall ill. Without foreign student insurance you could end up cancelling out all your savings with one bad experience of high hospital costs and doctors fees.

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

International Student Insurance (requires student status)
Visitor Insurance (does not require student status)