• zInternationalStudents Blog

  • Saturday, February 16, 2019

Most college students upon completing their Undergraduate, Masters, or PhD degree often search for some type of a job involved with their university. Have you recently completed or earned a degree? Are you looking for work involved with research or academia?

Although you may no longer be a student, you still have to have proof of health insurance to work at a US credited university. Oftentimes, it is more affordable and less of a hassle to purchase health insurance through a third party rather than to purchase insurance through the university. Optional Practical Training Insurance provides coverage for any unexpected medical expenses that may arise during the duration of your work.

Optional Practical Training Insurance is designed for recently graduated students with F-1 visas looking for a job. To be eligible for this type of health insurance one must no longer be an enrolled full-time student. There are numerous health insurance plans that allow you to pick and choose what is best for you.

Optional Practical Training Insurance is purchasable for anytime between 5 days to 12 months, and can be renewed monthly.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

International Student Insurance (requires student status)
Visitor Insurance (does not require student status)