• zInternationalStudents Blog

  • Saturday, February 16, 2019

  • Studying In the United States as an International

    Filed Under: Health Insurance
Are you a non-US citizen studying at a US university? Are you pursuing an undergraduate, masters, or PhD degree in a country other than your home country? Are you in need of a health insurance plan that molds to your needs? If so, consider Foreign Student Insurance.

Most universities and colleges in the United States require their students to have some proof of health insurance. Foreign Student Insurance provides health insurance coverage to students conducting their studies outside of their country of origin. Health insurance coverage is also provided for dependents (spouse or children) of the insured.

Rather than purchasing medical insurance directly through the university, consider purchasing health insurance through another organization. International health insurance provided by your current university may be unaffordable or simply too big of a hassle to deal with.

Foreign Student Insurance provides medical coverage for unforeseen and sudden medical expenses that arise due to hospitalization, doctor’s bills, medical procedures, or emergency services. Foreign Student Insurance also provides coverage for study abroad programs and exchange programs. Purchase health insurance for a period of time anywhere between a few days to up to a year.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

International Student Insurance (requires student status)
Visitor Insurance (does not require student status)