International Student Exchange Program Insurance
A student exchange program is a program in which a student, typically in secondary, higher or graduate education, chooses to live in a foreign country to learn, among other things, the host countries language and culture.
Exchange Student Insurance Quote Form
J1 Visa is a non-immigrant visa issued by the United States to such exchange visitors participating in programs that promote cultural exchange. It is mandated by the United States Government that a J1 Visa holder and their J2 dependants are required to have a valid J1 Visa Insurance for the entire duration of the J program.
J1 Visa Health Insurance Requirements
- The policy should provide at least $50,000 worth of Medical benefits per accident or illness and the deductible should not exceed $500 for the same.
- It should also cover at least $7,500 for the repatriation of remains, to the home country, in the eventuality of death
- It should not, without a valid reason, exclude coverage for any perils arising out of the activities of the exchange program.
- It should be underwritten by an insurance corporation which has –
- an A.M. Best rating of “A-” or better
- an Insurance Solvency International, Ltd. (ISI) rating of “A-1” or better
- a Standard & Poor’s Claims-Paying Ability rating of “A-” or better
- or a Weiss Research, Inc. rating of “B+” or better
Blog RSS Feed
Adequate health insurance is a prerequisite for international students at an overseas university. But do you have to sign up to the university’s own program? Can you choose your own international student health insurance? The answer is yes, but you need to make sure it fits.
International student health insurance is a mandatory requirement because universities don’t want to bear the brunt of…
During their studies abroad, international students run into a lot of challenges exclusive to foreigners, putting them at a shortcoming which hampers their academic performance most often. International students should prepare themselves systematically for their life changing experience prior to leaving their home countries, in order to avoid pitfalls. Therefore, the best thing is to have a good idea of what the experience as well as the new culture will offer in order to avoid…
I wanna ask if 2 international student live together and recently the girl has been pregnant, 5 months I believe, what would happen to them?…
International Student plans offer maternity coverage. Most treat pregnancy as any other condition. But to receive coverage the person must not be pregnant while buying the plan. Conception must occur after the start date of the plan. This underscores the need to purchase international student insuance immediatelty after arrival in the US
My wife will be joining me soon and would want to get an health insurance for her alone. i am an international student covered by…
Thank you for contacting us. If you only need insurance for your wife on a F2 visa you can consider any one of our visitor health insurance plans.
We have provided a friendly insurance quote/compare facility at http://www.zinternationalstudent.com/results/visitormoreoptions/ where you can compare various insurance policies, download policy brochures, obtain online quotes and also purchase policies.
Please feel free to call me at 877-593-5403 and…